Normally, I would follow each listed album with paragraph after paragraph of why I loved each and every one of them. I would describe the euphoria I felt, the parallels between my life and the words spoken/sang to me. I would also feel an effervescent need to tell everyone to listen to said albums listed below. This time though, I decided to keep it simple. Below I have listed my top five albums from this past year, along with my favorite lyric(s) and track. Enjoy.
KANAN’S TOP ALBUMS OF 2018
5. IS THIS THING CURSED? – ALKALINE TRIO
Favorite Lyric: “Now I have violence on the brain. You’re not in love, you’re just insane. Afraid of everything, everything, everything and the shame.” (Demon and Division)
Favorite Track: Pale Blue Ribbon
4. GRAZIE GOVERNO – THE BAR STOOL PREACHERS
3. FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT –THE INTERRUPTERS
Favorite Lyric: “And all my scars remind me, my worst days are behind me.” (Title Holder)
Favorite Track: Rumors and Gossip
2. KEEP THEM COUNTING – THE LAST GANG
1. BOUGHT TO ROT – LAURA JANE GRACE & THE DEVOURING MOTHERS
Here’s to more rad music in 2019!